
I believe I've been hinting at this extra credit assignment since early last semester. Well... here it is! Click here to access the instructions for the History in Pop Culture assignment. This extra credit opportunity is due on Friday, February 26th and can earn you up to 50 points on a quiz! I hope that many of you take advantage of this opportunity. There's one catch though... there can be no repeated assignments. So, once you've got a topic for your assignment, post a comment on the blog to stake your claim to that instance of pop culture and I'll let you know if it's acceptable or not. Have fun!
There is no place to "Click Here" ...
ReplyDeleteAll fixed.
ReplyDeletedoes it have to be a direct reefrence? or can it be one you relate to it?
ReplyDeleteWhat topic are you thinking about Jessie?
ReplyDeletebruce springsteen - the rising
ReplyDeleteit is a 9/11 reference
does it have to go with this unit?
ReplyDeleteif not i would like to do the "Sicker Song", its abou the Isreal/Palestine conflicts
megan meant to type "sticker song"
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure I'll do Viva La Vida by Coldplay.
ReplyDelete"Bleach"- T.V Show
ReplyDeleteIt is a reference to feudalistic Japan
*makes sure not to see Haley's*
ReplyDeleteI call Enix's entire Soul Blazer trilogy, including Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma.
Enix, I choose you!
If we do two can we get 50 on one quiz and 50 on another?
ReplyDeleteAll of this looks great. So far I've got:
ReplyDelete* Adnan - Bleach
* Justin - "The Rising"
* Megan - "Sticker Song"
* Haley - "Viva la Vida"
* Ben - Soul Blazer trilogy
and sorry Cara, only one entry per person.
okay then, "American Pie" by Don McLean.
ReplyDeletei was thinking about refrencing the bubopnic plaugue and n I am legend. maybe not....adnan...you stole mine....GRRRRR
ReplyDeleteif not i might do samurai champoo i dont know though.
Hahah, what a fantastic birthday present. I was wondering, would clips from the anime Hellsing work? There are a lot of references to WWII and on-going tension between two of the organizations due to their religious views (Catholic and Protestant). It can get rather offensive though in areas, which is why I am unsure about it.
ReplyDeleteDistrict 9
ReplyDeletecan i do "Year One" directed by: Harold Ramis?
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna do "Warlike Lads of Russia" by Tickle Harbor
ReplyDeleteHEY GUYS LOOK ASSASSINS CREED! :0
ReplyDeleteThe Mask of Zorro
ReplyDeleteDUDEZ! I'm doing Harry Potter stuff. So much awesomeness....
ReplyDeleteWe Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMay I pick an Indian movie?
ReplyDeleteOk, adding to the list:
ReplyDeleteJessica J. = "We Didn't Start the Fire"
Angela = Harry Potter
Hannah Nicole Goldstein = Mask of Zorro
Cara = American Pie
Brent = District 9
Isabella = "Warlike Lads of Russia"
Honeiah = "Year One"
Jessie B. = I am Legend
Emma = Hellsing
House - Sleeping Dogs Lie
ReplyDelete:)
Buffalo Soldier by Bob Marley :)
ReplyDeletemr. benschine im doing samurai champloo
ReplyDeletedont 4get!
Alex = House: Sleeping Dogs Lie
ReplyDeleteBridget = Buffalo Soldier
Jessie B.= Samurai Champloo (not I am Legend)
For me, I shall use the simpsons epsiode Magical Hisorty Tour, particularly where they exposed Hengry VIII.
ReplyDeleteYOOOO, i got Inglorious Bastards. :D
ReplyDeleteCan I do a muscial?
ReplyDeletehey mr. benschine i want to do south park american history.... but i do have some concerns about it... because it talks about more than one part of history.. is that okay???.... oh and if dont understand what i mean u can go to youtube and type in south park american history.. and it'll show you the video
ReplyDeleteI have hereby claimed Sly 2: Band of Theives...at least I think its the right one the stupid dinosaur died
ReplyDeletePerhaps Memoirs of a Geisha- very tentatively?
ReplyDeleteThe Pianist and Fiddler on the roof are two others I'm considering.
All of these are fine.
ReplyDeleteKaiser = Simpsons: Magical History Tour
Lana = Inglorious Bastards
Tiarsha = South Park American History
Katie = Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Rachel = 1776 (musical)
mr. benchine im kind of having some difficulties with writting the paper
ReplyDeleteHow would you feel about the Producers?
ReplyDeleteHaha
for the picture do we have to cite it?
ReplyDeleteMr.Benschine, I'm stuck between The Pianist and Fiddler on the roof, what would you suggest?
ReplyDeleteNicole, I'd like to see a project for Fiddler.
ReplyDeleteTiarsha, come see me before or after school about writing the paper.
Rachel, come in an tell me what picture you're talking about. Chances are though, yes.
Tate, Producers would be great.
Russians by Sting
ReplyDeleteMy entire TV show is a massive reference to the Edo era and Japan. do i need to specify times in episodes or just describe certian episodes?
ReplyDeleteMichelle - Russians by Sting
ReplyDeleteJessie, you don't need to mention specific times. You can describe the series as a whole.
we didn't start the fire by billy joel
ReplyDeleteActually, I meant that I was going to do:
ReplyDeleteThe Color of Friendship (the movie)
may i do the Sound of Music
ReplyDeleteLana, I hate you ;P movie stealer
ReplyDeleteWhich one, Mulan or Slumdog Millionaire??
across the universe? PLEASE
ReplyDeleteactually I would like to do the song Rebelión by Joe Arroyo.
ReplyDeleteis it ok if I use "ring around the rosy"?
ReplyDeletedo we need a bibliography?
ReplyDeletei choose "god of war" the first one only cuz both or try to look at the new one coming out would be too hard
ReplyDeletei can still do a quality job on 1
dang, I should've done a Beatles song... but the directions say that EVERYTHING must be our own ideas. That's kind of difficult with a song like "American Pie" where the sole meaning revolves around Buddy Holly's death. Can I use other people's interpretations to drive my own? I'll include a "Works Cited".
ReplyDeleteOkay...so my song...like EVERY SINGLE LINE is some kind of historical reference. And you said general background as to the historical significance...sooo...what do I need to do? I'm doing "We Didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel" so..
ReplyDelete