Sunday, October 18, 2009

Medieval Times



Per special request of Katie Pitts in 7th period, students will have the opportunity to visit Medieval Times this Friday night (October 23rd) at 8pm. This trip will is meant to supplement our learning experience of Medieval Europe, which we've been reviewing in class for the past week. As this is not an official function of the school, it is again requested that some parents make the trip to help supervise the students. In terms of pricing for the event, I have an appointment to speak with the Medieval Times sales manager tomorrow after-school, but I'm thinking that it will be approximately $35 per individual. Though this sounds like a lot, remember that you'll be getting dinner plus a two-hour show (I've previously attended, and it's quite memorable). I'll have specific details regarding the pricing and any extras posted on the blog tomorrow night.
_
If you haven't been to Medieval Times before, please click here to visit their website and check out what is offered. I hope that most of you can make it! Please feel free to e-mail me with questions.

**Important** If you are planning to attend this trip, please post a comment on the blog as soon as possible so that I can provide Medieval Times with an estimated RSVP for seating. I'd like us to have a firm count by Wednesday (October 21st) to make sure we are all seated together.

40 comments:

  1. Not cool Mr. Benschine! I should be able to make it though. Hopefully they'll have the good bad guy this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will be there... along with my parents... wooptie doo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My madre and I can go. We can take five other people in our car

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brent can go, but hes a looser and won't comment so here is Brent's rsvp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think that would work... But I can come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmm. so was thinking about a comment to write on this that would be clever. But I really couldn't think of anything. But that makes me sad cause I'm generally a clever person.. unlike Noah. Then I thought of the concept of Medieval Times and I began to laugh. You see, all it is is horrible actors that can't get a good acting job so they ride around on horses adn beat each other up. Then us, as the spectators, gorge ourselves with food as we watch said people beat each other up. Then I thought to myself, wait, it's like wrestling. Then, you get little plastic crowns. It's probably the best part about the whole entire thing. BUT then you go to the gift store. Fake swords, ahhh, yesss. But anyways, i will be attending this event of eating, watching pain, and plastic swords and hats. Caitlin will also be attending. I thought you should know this fact. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh...Mr. Benschine, I am about to make your day (well night). I AM COMING TO MEDIEVAL TIMES! so is my sister and mother... not that anyone cares about them. I hope that this made your evening even better than it was before. How did your phone call with the sales person go? Any discounts?

    ReplyDelete
  8. o.. by the way my dad wants to come too that way he won't be left home alone (poor dad).. we will be a total of FOUR people attending... do we need to pay you before the trip or upon arrival? you should totally do the VIP upgrade by the way

    ReplyDelete
  9. I helped in the convincing Mr. Benschine!! all the threatening of his life got to him

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel Stein will likely be there...sing Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I won't be there cause ya know... paying $35 in order to supply your own food is just silly... but I wanted to say that I loved Savannah's comment

    ReplyDelete
  12. o hey forgot to mention but my dad is coming to!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a perent coming, but I'm not sure which one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ya I shall attend yon dining hall upon the eve of this the day of Fri.

    (In laymen's term that means I can come.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alright guys, here's how things are looking. I'm assuming that we are going to have somewhere between 30 - 40 people attending on Friday (including parents). I spoke with Heather (the Medieval Sales rep) today and she said that our best option was probably to try and all arrive at the same time (ideally around 6:45 - 7:00pm) and buy our seats together at that point. Our only other option was for us to all purchase our tickets with one credit card, and while I adore you all, I'm not putting $1000 on my Amex for Medieval Times :) So, here's the plan: Simply arrive at Medieval Times on Friday by 7:00ish, then we can all buy our tickets at a group rate ($34.20 which includes both tax and tip -- note: this is opposed to the usual ticket price which is over $50.00 per person!). She said that if we all get there around the same time that we shouldn't have to sit apart. And hey, if we get split into two groups for any reason, we can always shout Medieval insults at each other from across the stadium! Red knights goin' down... down, down, down! Red knights going' down... down, down, down!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Also, Chris has offered to sing opera at dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Caroline will have Mum or Dad there too - not sure which - they will pick straws tomorrow but one of them will be there...

    ReplyDelete
  18. my dad wants to know exactly how long the entire show + dinner will take. i know u noted that it was two hrs, but will there be an intermission or something to make the time go over 2 or 3 hrs?

    ReplyDelete
  19. It shall be a preformance for the ages. Also my older sister is coming along with me as well. So put down two people for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Plus the Red Knight is going kick the Blue Knight's a$$ all over the place!!! Blue Knight going down hard! RED KINGHT, RED KNIGHT, RED KNIGHT, RED KNIGHT, RED KNIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't want to be seen with a bunch of sophomores ;) Just kidding, I actually can't go because I am the most pathetic person ever and I am going to be with my parents..and I get small panic attacks when I spend any money at all. Sorry, Mr. Benschine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hate to disappoint you Benschine, because I know how much you love me, but I am not coming. It's my mom's b-day and I am not dragging her halfway across town to see something that according to Alex is quite pitiful. I prefer knights rescuing ladies not testoserone filled men playing with their wooden swords. Yeah, yeah I know it's jousting, whatever. I've seen it for years at the Renaissance Festival and am not going to spoil my mom's b-day, so .. yeah. Sorry. I wish I could, but I can't. By the way, Savannah, I love your comment. I'm in a sarcastic mood tonight and it just brightened up my day!;p I will miss being with you guys. Have fun and bring me back a plastic crown!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Red knights goin' down... down, down, down! Red knights going' down... down, down, down!
    SILENCE OF DA LAMBSS.
    oh helllo clarrisse.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ok. This is Benschine's last comment on this one. Let's do this: Let's try and arrive as early as possible to Medieval Times! Ideally, if everyone could get there by 6:45 at the latest, we could make sure to get all of our tickets together. I'm a little worried that they are going to sell out since it's a Friday night. I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if I can convince them to hold seats for us without having to buy all of the tickets ahead of time. Ok, that's it. 6:45! Sorry to keep pushing forward the time, but again, we all want to be at least relatively close together! Go Red Knight!

    ReplyDelete
  25. im going to pee in my pants.. these comments are hilarious... can savannah and i beat each other up like in the movie?!!? .. benschine can u arrange that..

    ReplyDelete
  26. May I say that MEDIEVAL TIMES WAS AMAZING?!?! We love you Mr...wait...SIR Benschine. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i concur with jessica, medieval times miraculously made me feel less sick! yaaaay

    ReplyDelete
  28. Benschine. Why wouldn't you invite me to this? After turing me down for homecomeing and all..I thought you would at least be kind to me for once.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.