
As we will be beginning our second unit on Tuesday, I'd like us to take a brief detour Monday afternoon to discuss (and watch a short film) on a current event. Specifically, we'll be watching an episode of Anthony Bourdain's: No Reservations. The episode concentrates on the events following the assassination of Beirut's Rafik Hariri. As always, this review will be worth a possible ten extra points on a test. For this review, you will need to do a bit of outside research. Please see the links below to guide your review and enhance your knowledge of the subject. The film review will be on Monday (October 5) afternoon from 3:45 - 4:45. The typed film review will be due the following Monday (October 12). Please be aware that if any part of your review is plagiarized you will receive a zero for the assignment and be barred from participating in other extra credit opportunities.
Click here to access a New York Times article on the assassination of Rafik Hariri.
Click here to access a timeline regarding the events surrounding Rafik Hariri's assassination.
Click here to access a case study regarding life in Beirut prior to Rafik Hariri's assassination.
thanks for not having it tuesday morning (though I know it wasn't your choice). I will definitely be coming! :)
ReplyDeleteHey mr Benschine, i found this website that has practice tests for each chapter of our book
ReplyDeletehttp://college.cengage.com/history/world/bulliet/earth_peoples/3e/students/ace/index.html
Just thought you might want to post this
Thank you so much for the website, it is helping a lot.
ReplyDeletewhat.....a lame blog!
ReplyDeletejust kidding Freddie Benschine. I love it. Obviously without so many pictures of me the aesthetic quality is not quite up to par, but I understand it's the best you could do on account of losing me from your school.
Claire